Hello! My name is Sam Nasser, and I’m running for a seat in the Kansas House of Representatives in district 52. Here’s a few things you should know about me:
→ I have been a small business owner in Kansas for the past 20 years.
→ I hold a Master’s Degree in International Business from the University of Maryland.
→ I have held many leadership roles over the years, including Management of over 120 employees and organizing many community events. In addition, I have experience working as part of a large team and obtaining cooperation from others.
→ And, I am dedicated to improving the lives of Kansans and will work with the same passion and diligence that I use to build my own business.
- Entrepreneur & Business owner
- Managed over 150 employees
- Strong organizational, planning, and tactical skills
- Lecturer at the University Level
- Speaker on Strategic Planning and Business analysis
- Active member of the Downtown Topeka Rotary Club
Sam’s experience as a business owner coupled with his education puts him in a unique position to capitalize on his experience and education to increase the number of startups and encourage small businesses to expand by reducing taxes, red tape, and government bureaucracy.
As a young man who started his adult life with many challenges in the pursuit of the American dream with only a thousand dollars in his pocket.
I am asking for your support and vote on August 4th primary.
- Dean’s Honor Roll, Washburn University, 1987 and 1988.
- President’s Sports Award, President of the United States Council on Fitness, 1995.
- Member of IHRSA since 1990.
- President’s Honor Roll, Washburn University, 1988.
- Member Rotary Club Downtown Topeka KS
- Member, Small Business Administration and International Business Professional
- Anne Arundel County Community Person of the Year Service Award
Candidate for Kansas House of Representative
I run not for fame but for Kansans.
- Medicaid Expansion: As your representative, I will work to increase access to high-quality, affordable healthcare. Medicaid expansion would improve access to healthcare for approximately 150,000 Kansas, 50,000 of whom are currently uninsured. Expanding Medicaid is a vital step in creating financial security for all Kansans, and I will work across the aisle to pass this legislation. If you want to expand Medicaid in Kansas, vote Sam Nasser for the House of Representatives in district 52.
- Proper Funding of our Schools: A robust education provides the foundation for a strong workforce and economy, and for a functioning and healthy democracy. I support evidence-based educational reforms to improve equity in education, and will support these reforms by voting to adequately fund our schools, after school programs, and early childhood education.
- Eliminate the Sales Tax on Food: Many States have reduced or removed the sales tax on food.
Kansas has the second highest food sales tax rate in the nation. This regressive tax places an unnecessary financial burden on low- and middle-income families and disproportionately impacts rural communities.
It’s time for change. I support eliminating the state sales tax on grocery purchases, which would put more money in the pockets of ALL Kansans. If YOU want to eliminate the state sales tax on food, vote for Sam Nasser for the Kansas House of Representatives.
- Increase Revenue to the State: You can count on me to support economic development initiatives in Kansas, and to work across the aisle to bring new jobs to our state. Kansas can accelerate job creation in a number of ways, including:
→ Supporting startups and small businesses by reducing taxes and eliminating red tape.
→ Creating a business-friendly environment in Kansas that encourages large corporations to invest in our state by building or relocating here.
→ Funding education and training programs to ensure that Kansas has a strong and competitive work force.
We’re always looking for the community’s support to help push our campaign further than we could ever imagine. Does that sound like you? Volunteer today and be a part of change.
Join our Cause
Join our team of like-minded everyday people who simply want a better world to live in. Where every voice is heard, every hand is held, and every soul is equal. You’re invited to join our cause.
Can we count on you?
2020 Paid for by Sam Nasser for Kansas. Treasurer Edward Collazo